Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Boarders...

This is a picture of the Bishop family. I took this picture and placed some texture on it, and then put a boarder around it. I used a Polaroid Transfer  for my border. For those who do not know what a Polaroid transfer is, or the method: You use a day lab, that uses Polaroid film. You put film, colored slides, or draw images and print your image on the Polaroid film. Then you pull the film apart and place the ink part onto watercolor paper, that has been soaked in water and then you squeegee the paper out. You use a roller to apply pressure to the film. Then lift and you have a cool vintage print, and each print turns out different.

This is my final print!

This is the transfer: (this one did not turn out right, so I scanned it in photoshop and used it for texture and a boarder.

1 comment: